5-Days Tanzania safari
5 Days in Northern Tanzania Safari- Lake Manyara, Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater
Tanzania is the East Africa’s largest country that is one of the continent’s original safari destinations. The country is endowed with a variety of superlatives that are unmatched on the continent and these include Africa’s highest mountain (Kilimanjaro), its biggest volcanic caldera, her largest game reserves and its oldest human settlement; all offering unmatched safari experiences. Tanzania safari is popular for its spectacle of 1.5 million wildebeest, antelopes, and zebras Cris-crossing the Serengeti plains during the wildebeest migration that has become the world’s greatest shown on this earth.
You get to visit the most remarkable locations in Tanzania on safaris tour. The places include the tree climbing lions and flamingos of Lake Manyara, highest wildlife concentrations of the Serengeti with her varied landscapes and the incredible Ngorongoro Crater teaming up with the largest animal show.
Highlights of the Tanzania safari tour:
• The stunning Ngorongoro Crater which is an ancient volcanic caldera teeming with animals and casually regarded as the 8th wonder of the world.
• The “Cradle of Mankind” at the Olduvai a pre-historic site and museum offer a unique safari back in time. You enjoy an enthralling guided tours of both the site and the visitor center.
• Watching the rare tree-climbing lions of Lake Manyara National Park
• The endless grassland plains of the Serengeti which is home to the Great Wildebeest Migration
• Spot all the Big Five members in the Ngorongoro Crater
Tanzania safari itinerary and tour price:
Day one: Arusha to the tree climbing lions of Lake Manyara
You will leave Arusha to Lake Manyara for safari game drives. The Lake Manyara is nestled into a woodland clearing. Here, thousands of flamingos cover the lake and in the vast floodplains, there are a variety of animals like Zebra, elephants, gazelle, giraffe and the tree-climbing lions. You will enjoy the morning and afternoon game viewing sessions. The night is at Maramboi Tented Camp, L, D.
Day two: Lake Manyara to the wonders of Serengeti that shall never die
The day starts with breakfast followed by a drive to the legends of Serengeti. Before arriving into the Serengeti plains, enjoy a short stop at Olduvai Gorge which is a remarkable archaeological site with discoveries for the pre-historic man. Afternoon game drives in Serengeti as we search the big cats and the big five members. You will have the opportunity to track the Great Migration as the phenomenal herds of wildebeest cover the plains. Dinner and night at Kati Kati Tented Camp, B, L, D.
Day three: Tanzania Safari tour at the legendary Serengeti National Park
Spend the entire day in Serengeti with more game drives in the morning and afternoon. Throughout the Serengeti park you will find special scenes to spot the Lion King, buffalo, the impressive hartebeest, various birds, landscapes and vegetation. A safari in Serengeti is worth every moment owing to the large wildlife concentrations. You can opt to swirl in a hot air balloon at $550 per person or get to visit a local Maasai Village for a cultural tour at $70 per group. Overnight at Kati Kati Tented Camp, B, L, D.
Day four: Serengeti to the Incredible World’s Heritage Site of Ngorongoro
You have your breakfast followed by a final extended game drive in Serengeti. You will then, later on travel to the incredible Ngorongoro crater for the night at the crater rim. The complete concentration of wildlife will make you feel like Ngorongoro is a wildlife documentary. The rest of the day is spent in the crater highlands as you sight-see and marvel at this God’s creation. Night at Rhino Lodge, B, L, D.
Day five: Ngorongoro Crater game viewing back to Arusha
After an early breakfast, you now descend into Ngorongoro crater floor for exciting game drives exploring the short-grass plains full of animals. You will get to see nowhere else in the whole of Africa with such abundance and diversity within a single game safari drive. The crater is an extinct volcano at 100sq miles and home to leopard, lion, elephant, rhino, buffalo, and many more game animals. Lunch is at one of the picnic sites with great views of the crater floor. Later return to Arusha marking to the end of your remarkable Safari in Tanzania, B, L.
5-days Tanzania safari tour price: $2190 per person. Single room supplement fee: $210
5-day Tanzania safari tour price includes:
• Guarantee of safari departure on confirmation
• Accommodation in double, twin or triple room set up
• Game viewing activities as described above
• All meals on safari as mentioned, where B = Breakfast, L = Lunch and D = Dinner
• Park fees and local government taxes
• An expert English-speaking safari driver-guide
• Safari game drives in Land Rover or Land Cruiser having flip-flop roof top for ease of game viewing
• GGuaranteedwindow seat arrangement
• Bottled drinking water on safari
Safari price excludes:
• Arrival and departure airport transfers
• Accommodation in Arusha
• International airfare
• Tips to your expert driver-guide
• All items of a personal nature like passport, visa and traveler’s insurance